Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Billion Dollar Bailout

billion-dollar-bailout-club-2

Can you comprehend these numbers? They’re just too big for me to get my mind around.

"My favorite way to think of it is in terms of seconds," says David Schwartz, a children's book author whose How Much Is a Million? tries to wrap young minds around the concept. "One million seconds comes out to be about 11½ days. A billion seconds is 32 years. And a trillion seconds is 32,000 years. I like to say that I have a pretty good idea what I'll be doing a million seconds from now, no idea what I'll be doing a billion seconds from now, and an excellent idea of what I'll be doing a trillion seconds from now."

And I keep asking the question “Where does all this money come from?” There is a price to pay at the end of the day and what worries me is that its not only Americans who are going to be paying….. so are you and I.

This is one financial crisis that is going to be remembered by your kids and their kids, kids.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Apture