Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nationalizing banks in the USA is mission impossible

Posted Feb 24th 2009 10:10AM by Jim Cramer

What's at stake with nationalization? Why do I oppose it so much? Why do I feel that its proponents are glib and over their heads and have done no homework and do not have a stitch of rigor? Maybe because I think that nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it themselves.
I have said again and again that as much as you may hate the bankers who got us here, it is well beyond the ken of this government to fix it. I have said that the analogies to the Swedish "success" of nationalization are chimerical, because the Swedish banking issues were small and manageable. I have said that you simply can't compare the two.

Read the full article here...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Apture