Friday, March 6, 2009

10 Tips for Using a Blog to Promote Your Own Services | Traffikd

When the issue of making money as a blogger is discussed, it’s often in the context of producing revenue through ad sales or AdSense clicks. While there are plenty of bloggers that are making money in this manner, there are certainly other ways to profit from a blog, and in fact many have had much better results with other methods.

From my experience as a blogger, I’ve made money by selling ads and by offering services. Both have pros and cons, but today I’d like to focus on the practice of using a blog to promote services. When I first started blogging my only goal was to use the blog to generate more web design business through Vandelay Website Design. With so many designers out there, I saw the blog as an opportunity to indirectly promote my services and to get visitors to the site. Although through the past year or two, very little has actually gone the way I thought it would (mostly because I didn’t really understand blogging at that point), I can say that it has more than exceeded my expectations in terms of helping to generate business.

I know there are many others like me who have benefited from their blog’s ability to help promote a service business, but most service providers are still not using a blog in any way, and most bloggers are looking to make money in other ways besides services. From my experience, blogging and services go together just as well, if not better, than blogging and ad sales, and I’d like to share some of the things that I’ve learned.

10 Tips for Using a Blog to Promote Your Own Services | Traffikd

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Apture