Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How Facebook is Gunning for Google (And Killing SEO)

Image representing Facebook as depicted in Cru...

Image via CrunchBase

by Mike Wasylik

This weekend, my mother-in-law asked me to enter a life of crime.

Not in the real world, of course - she’d like the father of her grandkids to remain jail-free. No, instead she invited me to play that Mafia game that’s so popular on Facebook.

Not interested in the game, I politely declined. But when my mother-in-law, who has just joined Facebook, becomes part of an online trend, that’s a sure sign that it’s hitting critical mass in the population at large.

Facebook is quickly becoming the immovable object that will soon butt heads with Google’s irresistible force.

How Facebook is Gunning for Google (And Killing SEO) | Copyblogger

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Apture