His latest predictions called the "Collapse of 2009" - will see a range of calamities that will leave no sector unscathed.
- Next in line to plunge... retail which accounts for 70% of consumer spending.
- Multiple bankruptcies of major retailers.
- Thousands of stores closing.
- Commercial Real Estate Crashes.
- Credit Card sector financial stability further impacted.
1.) Collapse Of 2009. Continued bailouts and other actions to maintain the status quo.
- Government attempts at all levels to increase taxes, fees to replace lost revenue and pay for the cost of bailouts to maintain government operating as normal.
- Taxpayers will resist… the rise of anti-tax, anti-government movements that will flourish.
- Tax revolt kits on how to get referendums to voters will become available.
- There will be serious questions about safety of banks and your money.
- The sales of Safes and Guns which are already rising dramatically.
- There will be increases in crime as the economy deteriorates.
- A combination of factors and actions by government (bailouts, special interests) will lead to a concentration of power.
- The question is what will the spark(s) be.
- This will be unprecedented in American History.
- The election of Obama marketed and sold to the world and people as ushering in a new political era.
- The Obama success will be more a sleight of hand and deception than the integrity and determination of honouring principles.
- Example: The Obama cabinet is largely a retread of the Clinton's team.
- No evidence Obama can ameliorate or arrest points 1 through 3 above.
- Americans will go on a debt, spending and fitness diet.
- The return of frugality in daily lives (individual and and in groups) is just beginning and will accelerate as conditions worsen.
- There will be an increase in gardening and ways to become self sufficient.
- There will be local efforts to reduce local living costs.
8.) Little People Squeeze.
- The Politicians and Government will attempt to maintain the status quo as revenues fall by trying to find new ways to get money from the public.
- Government will think of everything (Sales and Sin Taxes, Fees, Registration, etc.) to get money.
- Historically, all governments fail when taxes become burdensome to the average person.
10.) Entertainment Rebirth. Cheap new forms of inexpensive entertainment.
11.) College Crash...costs become prohibitive with not enough return on investment. The rise of on-line, virtual education.